Recipe by Susan1
This is found in my recipe collection under "Mrs. McCann's Barbeque". It was handed down from a neighbor of my great-aunt's sometime in the 1940's. I prefer to use ground round so there isn't so much fat. Gets better the longer it simmers.
- 680.38 g ground round
- 177.44 ml catsup
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml mustard
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook meat slowly in skillet with salt and onion.
- Meanwhile, make sauce by mixing together all other ingredients and cooking slowly over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Drain (not much to drain if you use ground round) and add meat.
- Let simmer for at least an hour, stirring from time to time, to let meat absorb the sauce.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns.