Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had an old recipe for sloppy joes and I kept tweaking it until I came up with this. I don't usually measure everything, some of these are approximations. I also occasionally cook this in a crockpot (simmer on low for several hours).
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground meat and onions, drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
This a a good sloppy joe mix that we enjoyed. I liked the addition of ground turkey to the traditional sloppy joes.
Thumbs up all around the table! My entire family loved it. Very easy and quick to throw together. Made for 2009 Spring PAC.
Amazing! This is the most fantastic sloppy joe recipe I've ever had. Seriously! Not sickly sweet like the packaged stuff, nor too spicy for the kids. Perfectly balanced and wonderful. Thanks!