Recipe by Bec
I always love Sloppy Joes. I grew up on Manwhich, but I like change every once in awhile so here is an easy recipe for Sloppy Joes that isn't completely out of a can!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 large onion, minced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet, drain off fat.
- Add onions and brown additional 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with hamburger buns- Or, if you want to be crazy, use hotdog buns! Some might even suggest serving open faced on English muffins. The possibilities are endless! :).