Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the Southern Living Homestyle Cooking Cookbook. One of many in my cookbook collection. It's super fast, and I like the sweet pickle relish, it gives it a "kick". Super yummy.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 hamburger buns, toasted
- Brown ground chuck and onion in a large nonstick skillet, stirring until meat crumbles; drain.
- Stir in ketchup and next 5 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat mixture over bottom halves of buns; top with remaining halves.
Great!liked it a lot. I did add celery.
I'm not a fan of sloppy joes but the family like them. They liked the addition of the pickle relish.
This was very good. I tasted it when I was cooking and wasn't sure I liked it with pickle relish, but after it was stored and reheated I really liked it. Thanks for a great recipe.