Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great meal to make in a hurry
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 dash hot sauce (Tabasco)
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat. Pour off excess fat.
- Add 1 cup water and rest of ingredients.
- Bring to boil. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes Serve hot on toast or buns.
This is not your traditional sloppy joe. It is a delicious sweet/sour sauce. I used red peppers the second time I made this and it was even better! Just don't expect the same old sloppy joe.