Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe that can be made ahead and frozen. It can also be doubled/tripled/quadrupled with great results for church meals or fundraiser dinners.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and stir ground beef with onion until beef is brown.
- Drain fat from cooked beef.
- Add garlic salt, pepper, chili sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, mustard, and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately on warm hamburger buns or cool and freeze in an 8 cup container.
I always like trying different versions of these sandwiches. This was a winner! Thank you for posting this. Iowa
This will be the second time in two weeks that I have made this recipe... Oh my gosh, these are so good. My husband just loved them! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe... It is in my tried and true favorite recipe file... :O) P.S. It is so easy to make when you need a quick meal!!!
Incredible! For the past two days my husband kept "hinting" that he really wanted sloppy joes. I do have a recipe, but it is rather involved. I searched through a lot here on Recipzaar and thought that yours look great....I was right. The only change...I just added less brown sugar. Thanks for a great one!