- 1 lb lean ground beef (3 1/2 cups browned)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (1/3 cup sauteed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and stir ground beef with onion until beef is brown.
- Drain fat from cooked beef.
- Add garlic salt, pepper, chili sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, mustard, and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately on warm hamburger buns or cool and freeze in an 8 cup container.