Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe that can be made ahead and frozen. It can also be doubled/tripled/quadrupled with great results for church meals or fundraiser dinners.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (3 1/2 cups browned)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (1/3 cup sauteed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and stir ground beef with onion until beef is brown.
- Drain fat from cooked beef.
- Add garlic salt, pepper, chili sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, mustard, and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately on warm hamburger buns or cool and freeze in an 8 cup container.
This was so much better than Manwich!! I will never buy it in a can..it was wonderful
I always like trying different versions of these sandwiches. This was a winner! Thank you for posting this. Iowa
This will be the second time in two weeks that I have made this recipe... Oh my gosh, these are so good. My husband just loved them! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe... It is in my tried and true favorite recipe file... :O) P.S. It is so easy to make when you need a quick meal!!!