Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my own variation on something a friend described to me.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water (used to rinse tomato can)
- 1 cup cooked white rice (1/3 c. raw rice, prepared)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 8 -10 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 -10 large flour tortillas
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef with diced onion in a skillet; drain grease.
- Season with salt and pepper and Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix.
- Add can of crushed tomatoes and rinse can with the 1/2 cup water, adding this to the skillet as well.
- Stir in cooked rice, drained beans, and chopped green chilies with their juice.
- Simmer approximately 10 minutes.
- Spoon approximately 1 T. sour cream onto each tortilla and spread evenly over surface.
- Spoon sloppy joe mixture down the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese, to your liking.
- Roll up and enjoy!