Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you prefer, this recipe can be made without the cheese. Recipe is from Pillsbury.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 2 (10 1/8 ounce) canspillsbury refrigerated big & buttery crescent rolls
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in sauce, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll 1 can of the dough; place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of dish.
- Spread beef mixture over dough; sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll second can of dough; place over cheese.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and dough is golden brown.
- Cut into squares to serve.
These were good and easy to make. I keep frozen sloppy joe meat in my freezer so that made this even easier to put together. My kids really liked this and asked for it to be made again. I followed the recipe other then I didn't add the sesame seeds.
I LOVE this dish! I have made it for my husband several times and he loves it too. Leftovers are really awesome. I made it for my parents and adult siblings this summer while we were staying at the family cabin. Everyone was shocked at how good it was. I have never used the sesame seeds though, but next time I make it I will be adding them.