Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My kids love this recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook beef, onions & spices until meat is browned.
- Blend in flour, water, ketchup and worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Line 9x13 pan with 1 pkg crescent rolls.
- Spread beef mixture over this layer.
- Spread mozzarella over beef mixture.
- Place 2nd layer of crescent rolls over cheese making sure dough touches edge of pan & press seams of dough together.
- Bake at 350F until crescent rolls are browned.
My family went crazy over this! It was easy and tasty. My husband said he doesn't want "regular" sloppy joes ever again! I used a little over 1.5 lbs. of ground beef, so I scaled the sauce ingredients up. Other than that, I followed to a "T". It was difficult to get the top layer of crescent rolls sealed and to the edge of the pan, so I gave up on it, and it was still fine! I used 2 cups of cheese on top, since the recipe does not specify. It took about 20 minutes in the oven. Very quick, very tasty and family friendly! Thanks for sharing!
My picky teenager loved it. He thought it was some sort of pizza dish, so he gobbled it down. Thanks for all the extra tips Karen, they worked well. This is a keeper. Thanks!
This was a big hit! I added green pepper when browning the beef, and about 4oz. of sour cream for a richer flavor. I also substituted cheddar cheese for the mozzarella! MMMMM