Recipe by A Pinch of This ...
This recipe came from French's (think yellow mustard) website. I plan to make it tomorrow night but wanted to go ahead and get it into one of my cookbooks. I've been looking for a recipe for Sloppy Joes that wasn't sweet and I hope this is it.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I saw this recipe in the coupon section of the Sunday paper one week and wanted to try it. It makes a lot so I decreased it to 1 lb of meat and still have leftovers for another meal. I used ketchup because I was out of BBQ sauce; the mustard was a little too tangy for me (I am not a big fan of mustard) so I added 1 Tbs of brown sugar to sweeten it up a little. I will try with BBQ sauce and see if that offsets the mustard since it is sweeter than ketchup. These little sloppy joes were great and got a thumbs up all around! Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups barbecue sauce or 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup french's classic yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup french's classic Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) packageshamburger slider rolls (about 24 rolls)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pot. Saute onions 3 minutes until tender.
- Add ground beef to pot. Cook until brown, stirring to separate meat. Drain well.
- Stir in BBQ sauce (or Ketchup), mustard and Worcestershire.
- Simmer about 5 minutes until flavors are blended.
- Spoon onto slider rolls.