Recipe by Cookinmomof3
This is a great meal the whole family will love-my husband and kids love it!! Ground beef, stuffing and diced tomatoes mixed together with Catalina dressing, chili powder and any vegetable you like!! I love chopped zucchini but you can add carrots, peppers etc... So easy to make and the taste is outstanding-I make this every week!!
- 6 ounces stove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped zucchini (or any other veggie like carrots, peppers)
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained (I use Redpack with basil and oregano)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Catalina dressing
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (use more if you like things more spicy, and who doesn't right?!!)
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- garlic (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix stufing mix and hot water, just until moistened and set aside.
- Brown meat in large skillet and drain.
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper and garlic to taste (optional).
- Add zucchini, tomatoes with their liquid, ketchup, dressing and chili powder to skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until veggie is tender.
- Top with prepared stuffing.
- Cover and simmer 3 minutes.