Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been a work in progress. This is what I came up with and my family loves it. I guess that is what's most important! Hope you enjoy it too. I never did come up with an exact measurement for the water. Just add a little at a time until you get the consistancy you like. We like ours relatively thick. (Like a "Not-so-sloppy joe")
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 3⁄4 cups catsup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped
- Brown the beef in a large pot and drain. Add the onion, celery, green pepper, and cook until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Add water until desired consistency achieved.
- Simmer over low heat until hot.
Delicious! I made this one night, froze it for a night and then put it in a slow cooker for a potluck the next day. I added about 1 cup water to get it to be a slightly sloppy texture. I received many compliments.