1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
If you are looking for a different way to serve potatoes, these are really good. Prep time includes baking the potatoes and frying ground beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large baking potatoes, extra-large (Russets are best)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 fresh minced garlic clove (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup corn kernel (can use canned or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1Bake potatoes for approximately 1 hour, or until done.
- 2In a frypan, brown ground beef and garlic; drain any fat.
- 3Add in ALL remaining ingredients (except cheese) stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Cut potatoes in half lenthwise.
- 5Loosen potato pulp and generously spoon meat mixture over each potato half.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Place under broiler to melt the cheese for a couple of minutes (it is not really necessary to melt the cheese, but I prefer to have my cheese melted).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joe Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 445.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g