Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from a ad in a Reader's Digest for McCormick seasoning packets. My boys enjoyed these when they were younger. They're great as a hot lunch, a quick snack, or a quick dinner when you've got hungry mouths to feed! Add a side salad or some veggie sticks for a complete meal.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (pizza toppings such as sliced mushroom, bell peppers, onions, olives, etc)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown meat and drain well. Add seasoning mix and tomato puree and set aside.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Cut dough into four squares. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese onto one third of dough lengthwise. Spoon some meat mixture over cheese- do not spread to the edge.
- Top with desired pizza toppings. Fold side of dough over filling; press around the edges of pocket with a fork to seal.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve.