Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some leftovers from Aunt Helen's Sloppy Joes and I didn't want to make anymore Sloppy Joes,so I came up with this. For the pasta I used elbow macaroni,but feel free to use what you have on hand.And for the meat,use what ever you have leftover from any Sloppy Joe recipe.I suggest using the mild Ro-Tel,the original might be to hot for the kiddos :). Submitted to "ZAAR" on January 25th,2008
- 6 ounces pasta (uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup sloppy joe meat
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies (I used a regular Sized can of Ro-Tel)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (divided)
- In a 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium heat add water.
- When water reaches boiling point add pasta,and cook until desired doneness is reached.(I cook mine al dente').
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Add meat,rotel, corn and 1 cup of cheese.
- Stirring until meat is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and serve.
What a great recipe! I used Aunt Helen's Sloppy Joes for the sloppy joe meat and I also added some small red kidney beans. I didn't have diced tomatoes with green chilies so I just used the regular diced tomatoes and added a few dashes of cayenne pepper. I used mini penne pasta. Turned out wonderful. We enjoyed this for our dinner. It was quick and easy to prepare and would be great for a weeknight family dinner. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!