Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
i made this up when i wanted something that kids would like as well as adults. you can also add shredded cheese(over the top) at the last few minutes of baking.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 can Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 1 large yellow onion (minced)
- in a large bowl combine all ingredients-do not over work the mixture as you will have a tough meatloaf.
- shape into a loaf and put in a deep baking dish.
- put in a preheated 350 degree oven on middle rack for 60-90 minutes.
- the center of the meat should reach 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
Quick,easy and delish. Force of habit, i did add garlic to this recipe. Hey!! its all gone, ***** What else can i say.Thank you for posting Polly
This is a great variation to meat loaf. We loved the flavor that the sloppy joe mix added to the ground beef. I added cheese on top as you suggested...wonderful. A quick an easy meat dish to prepare when short on time. Thanks for sharing this, Polly!
I really enjoyed this recipe, as did the family. I made it for Sunday dinner. The sloppy joe sauce adds an incredible flavor, much better than tomato sauce. The only thing I added to the recipe was some cubes of american cheese (about 1 cup), which I add to almost every meatloaf I make. Thanks for posting this Polly, it was excellent.