Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe comes from Paula Deen's Magazine. I added green pepper to her recipe and I also put these meatballs in my crockpot after baking them instead of back in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (chuck)
- 1 lb ground sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 1 small onion, diced up
- 1/2 green pepper, diced up
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 -4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400'
- 2Lightly grease a foil lined baking sheet or use a lightly greased cooking rack inside a rimmed baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the two meats (beef and sausage),onion, green pepper,panko breadcrumbs,and Sloppy Joe mix.
- 4Stir in egg.
- 5Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- 6Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- 7If baking in oven with sauce,reduce oven temp to 350'
- 8In a small bowl combine ketchup,tomato sauce, brown sugar,worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt and black pepper.
- 9In a 13x9 baking dish (lightly greased) add meatballs. Pour the sauce over meatballs and toss gently.
- 10Cover and bake 30 minutes more.
- 11Serve hot.
- 12NOTE: If using crockpot, add baked meatballs to crockpot and pour sauce over top and gently toss to cover meatballs. Let simmer on low for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joe Meatballs Paula Deen Style
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 640.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Manwich sloppy joe mix