Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The original recipe is from an old internet collection, I think from Allrecipes. I have added the macaroni and cheese and adapted the ingredients to simplify.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook and stir ground beef, celery seed, onion powder, garlic powder and salt until browned and crumbly. Stir in soup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, white vinegar and brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer until heated through, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Meanwhile, cook and prepare macaroni and cheese dinner as directed to package. Add to skillet, stir to combine and simmer until heated through.