Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
No need for two pots or a colander, everything is cooked and served in one skillet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package Kraft macaroni and cheese, dinner
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- BROWN meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- ADD Macaroni, water and barbecue sauce. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover.
- Simmer 8 min, stirring twice.
- STIR in Cheese Sauce Mix and tomato sauce; cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
This was great and very easy to make. I also sprinkled about a cup of shredded cheese on top and let it simmer till the cheese was melted before adding the lettuce and tomatoes.
Homemade Hamburger Helper recipe