Member #610488's Note:
Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese offers all the heart-warming comfort of your two favorite dishes combined into one fantastic meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded divided
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, celery and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 3Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Drain macaroni; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 6Stir in the process cheese until melted. Add macaroni and 1 cup cheddar cheese; mix well.
- 7Spread two-thirds of the macaroni mixture in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread turkey mixture to within 2 inches of edges. Spoon remaining macaroni mixture around edges of pan.
- 8Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.7
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 912.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Manwich sloppy joe mix