Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my favorite lunches when I'm pressed for time. It can easily be adjusted for more than one person. Add curry powder for a kick (I always do!).
- 2 ounces tofu crumbles (I like Smart Menu "gimme lean")
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or 1 packet Stevia sweetner)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Cook the crumbles in a skillet with the onion and the salt.
- Combine the other ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke on high for 30-60 seconds.
- Mix the crumbles and onion with the sauce.
- Serve in a whole-wheat pita, on a tortilla, or whatever.
I made this without the tofu, and I used white sugar instead of brown because I didn't have any, and it turned out great. The onions are really great in it. I just put all the ingredients into a bowl and microwaved it for 30 seconds and put it on my sandwich. It was delicious!
I baked some chicken breasts today to freeze for future use. I remembered that I had filed this recipe yesterday in my cookbook for Condiments & Sauces. Whipped it up in a flash today and added diced chickden. Rolled it in a tortilla. This made a VERY quick lunch, and it's VERY tasty. I'm going to make up a batch of this to freeze in ice trays, then store in the freezer. You can't beat this for ease and taste....not to mention versatility. Thanks!