Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Rachel Ray recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs lean ground sirloin or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 12 ounces beef hot dogs or 12 ounces pork hot dogs, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (recommended ( Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 9 soft hamburger buns, like at the ballpark
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add meat and crumble as it browns.
- Add chopped hot dogs after 3 to 4 minutes then cook 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook to soften, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- In a bowl mix the spices, sugar, Worcestershire and tomato sauce.
- Pour sauce over the meat and simmer a few minutes to combine flavors.
- Slop onto buns and serve.
A really great weeknight dinner that is quick and tasty! Have made several times and didn't realize that it was on here so I could rate.