In 'The Muffin Tin Cookbook' by Brette Sember
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced Mexican tomatoes (or chili tomatoes)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, dough (2 sheets)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Spray 12 regular muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a saute pan, cook beef, onion, red pepper, garlic, and olive oil over med-high heat, stirring to break up the meat, until browned.
- 4Add tomatoes, vinegar, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth; cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 5-10 minutes.
- 5Unroll refrigerated pie crust; align a 4-inch biscuit cutter against the edge of the crust; cut out 1 circle; repeat, cutting the next as close as possible to the previous cut-out; you will get 5 circles.
- 6Now, take 2 big pieces of dough and press them together so you can get 1 more circle.
- 7Repeat with second dough sheet.
- 8Place each circle into a regular muffin tin cup.
- 9Fill the crusts with the beef mixture and bake for 13 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joe Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 574.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: