Prep 45 mins
Cook 13 mins
In 'The Muffin Tin Cookbook' by Brette Sember
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced Mexican tomatoes (or chili tomatoes)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) packagerefrigerated pie crusts, dough (2 sheets)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray 12 regular muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saute pan, cook beef, onion, red pepper, garlic, and olive oil over med-high heat, stirring to break up the meat, until browned.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth; cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 5-10 minutes.
- Unroll refrigerated pie crust; align a 4-inch biscuit cutter against the edge of the crust; cut out 1 circle; repeat, cutting the next as close as possible to the previous cut-out; you will get 5 circles.
- Now, take 2 big pieces of dough and press them together so you can get 1 more circle.
- Repeat with second dough sheet.
- Place each circle into a regular muffin tin cup.
- Fill the crusts with the beef mixture and bake for 13 minutes.