Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a fun way to serve a sloppy joe to a kid. Just add vegetable sticks, a fruit and a glass of milk for a complete meal. Ok, maybe a chocolate chip cookie, too.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown beef, celery, onion and bell pepper.
- Stir in BBQ sauce and salt.
- Simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Place (10) biscuit into each well of an ungreased muffin tin.
- Press dough firmly onto bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of beef mixture into each biscuit cup.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until edges of biscuits are golden brown.
- Place 2 quarter slices of the cheese on top and return to oven just until cheese melts.
- Let stand one minute.
- Loosen edges and remove from pan.
This was wonderful. Very easy and tastey! My husband loved it.
We found this ok, but were not super thrilled. The flavours were too sweet for our liking; we do not often use the premade bisquit dough which may be the reason in terms of the sweetness. However, they were fun to make and good for something different
These were really good and easy to make. My kids really enjoyed them. (the adults did too). It was a nice change of pace from regular sloppy joes. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Will be making again. Thanks for another great recipe Char!