Recipe by FrVanilla
Sloppy Joes the way we like them!!
Top Review by Rapper450
My family had a tast testing event. All of us chose this as our first choice. It had the most full flavored, good body, best taste. I had cut the brown sugar to 1/3, because we don't like a sweet sloppy joe, but otherwise followed the recipe. We all liked the background kick from the cayenne pepper which provided a little surprise! but was not too intense.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt, pepper & cayenne pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on buns and top with shredded cheese.