Top Review by bricookie55
We thought this was fabulous! I admit, I left out the mushrooms, but I really didn't miss them at all! Using ground turkey for the meat didn't affect the taste at all, either. So easy to prepare and it made enough for 6 people! Thanks for posting this recipe; you beat me to it!
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 24 medium cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 453.59 g ground sirloin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml dry sherry
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- manchego cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until browned,about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the sherry and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan,until slightly reduced, about a minute.
- Stir in the tomato and Worcestershire sauces and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread the butter on the rolls and toast.
- Sprinkle the parsley on the roll bottoms and pile on the beef mixture.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the cheese over the meat.
- Set the roll tops into place and enjoy.