Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oxygen Magazine 07/09
Make and share this Sloppy Janes / Healthy Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls
- Lightly coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook, stirring to break up the meat. Cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except dinner rolls!). Cook until bubbly and slightly thickened. Divide evenly over dinner rolls and serve hot.
Made as posted. These are very tangy and easy to make. Nice change from regular Joes. Thanks for sharing this recipe TattooedMamaof2. Made for My3Chefs Nov "09.