4 hrs 20 mins
Punky Julster's Note:
I got this recipe from one of my good friends. My kids even like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3/4 large green pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar garlic & cheese chunky style spaghetti sauce
- 1In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and saute onion and green pepper until tender.
- 2Stir in both meats and cook until no longer pink.
- 3As the meat cooks, break up the large pieces and stir to combine the meats.
- 4Drain fat from meat.
- 5Return meat to skillet.
- 6Add garlic and stir gently until you begin to smell the garlic cooking (about 2 minutes).
- 7Place meat in a 3-1/2 quart or larger crock pot.
- 8Add remaining ingredients.
- 9Stir to blend ingredients.
- 10Cook on High for 1 hour then reduce to Low and cook for another 3 to 4 hours.
- 11Serve on slightly crusty buns along with a Caesar salad.
- 12Garnish with grated Mozzarella cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Giuseppi's - Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.6
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 1366.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: