Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I made this for my family's dinner. My future hubby loved it. I got it from Pinching Your Pennies.
- 8 -10 hot dogs, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 15 ounces chili beans
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns or 6 hot dog buns
- Combine all ingredients, except cheese and buns, put into slowcooker.
- Cover; cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
- Ten minutes before the end of cooking, stir in the cheddar cheese to melt slightly.
- Serve on hamburger or hotdog buns.
kids just loved it. they keep asking for it now
We really like these. We had planned to cook out but forcast called for rain. They were super easy to make and were ready when we got home from the ball game. I cooked it on low for abuot five hours. I think 6-8 would have been to much. Next time I will serve on hamburger buns as you just dont get enough filling into hot dog rolls. Thank you.