Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great kid food. You can serve this on a hot dog bun or hamburger bun. Makes a quick and easy lunch.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb hot dog, diced
- 8 hot dog buns or 8 hamburger buns
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook bell pepper and onion in oil, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, garlic powder and hot dogs. Simmer uncovered 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill buns with the hot dog mixture.
We love sloppy sandwiches and this one was so fun and different. Super easy and great tangy sauce. Thanks for something new to try.
I had a potluck and cooked it all in the slow cooker and it turned out wonderful! Kids and adults alike thought it was fun and great.TY
Parsley, we really appreciate your sharing this one! My husband loved it! He is taking it for lunch...great way to use leftover hot dogs too! Very yummy! Thank you again.