Recipe by CookBookCollector
This was one of the first things my husband cooked for us when we started dateing. It was of course and instant hit! But it had no name. We dubbed it Sloppy Curt's from then on out. We make it when we are too tired for much cooking, or we double the recipe when having a group over. A can't go wrong quickie! You can adjust recipe to fit your tastes and needs.
- 2 lbs fresh lean ground beef
- 12 -16 slices individually wrapped American cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Ground Beef in skillet til well done and crumbled.
- Drain well.
- Unwrap and place each slice of cheese over ground beef and slowly melt on a low heat, stirring occasionally (be careful not to let burn) until burger is sticking together with cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Serve warm on a bun.
- Garnish with favorite Hamburger Toppings or enjoy plain.