This is a sloppy Joe with a twist. Kind of like a sloppy cabbage roll! You'll truely enjoy the combination of flavours and will want to make this easy dish again and again.
- Spread chopped cabbage onto bottom of 2 QT dish.
- Pour one can of soup on top of chopped cabbage.
- Brown hamburger, drain fat.
- Return to heat, add onions and mushrooms until mushrooms start to soften.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in one can of soup with the meat mixture.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Pour meat mixture over cabbage (which is covered with other can of soup).
- Put shredded cheese on top of meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 for 1/2 Hour.
- The last 5 minutes of baking time, I put in on Broil, to brown the cheese.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with parsley and oregano.
- Serve on toasted bread, or toasted buns.