Recipe by cookiemakin'mama
i saw racheal make these on 30 min. meals a couple of weeks ago. haven't tried them yet but wanted to post here so i don't lose the recipe!
Top Review by Careysprivateschef
I'm a huge buffalo chicken fan and this recipe was great! I also added a diced jalepeno and closer to 2/3 c of red hot. (I wouldn't recommend most people to do this, I like it hot). I served it open faced on toasted kaiser rolls with blue cheese dressing. My husband thought it was tasty too and I will definitely make this again. If you like buffalo chicken and sloppy joes this is a great option. P.S. I had some leftovers, so the next day I use the extra joes to make buffalo chicken lettuce wraps. I think I liked those even better, and I may skip the bun next time!
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 907.18 g ground chicken or 907.18 g turkey breast
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14-78.07 ml hot sauce (recommended ( Frank's Red Hot)
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 8 good quality burger rolls, split and toasted
- 236.59 ml blue cheese, crumbles
- 2 large dill pickles, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet with extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add meat and break it up with wooden spoon, cook 5 to 6 minutes. Add in carrots, celery, onions and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cook 7 to 8 minutes more. In a bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and stock. Pour into the pan and stir to combine. Simmer a few minutes more. Pile sloppy Buffalo filling onto buns and top with blue cheese and chopped pickles.