- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) canspicy chili beans, undrained
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onions ove medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain if necessary.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and chili beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened to sloppy joe consistency.
- Spoon mixture onto bottoms of buns; sprinkle with cheese. Top with tops of buns.