Recipe by mommyoffour
I got this recipe from Pillsbury about 3 years ago, and we've enjoyed it ever since. I like the addition of beans in this for something different.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 15 ounces spicy chili beans, undrained
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In nonstick skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and chili beans.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Spoon mixture onto bottom halves of buns; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with top halves of buns.