Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The mustard and caper dressing transforms this simple salad! If I can't find radicchio, I use a bit of organic arugula. Wow, extraordinary!
FOR PORK LOIN
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 6.16 ml salt
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 453.59 g pork loin
FOR THE SALAD
- 340.19 g bow tie pasta
- 1 head radicchio, about 3/4 lb
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 19.71 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 14.79 ml capers, drained
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 158.51 ml olive oil
- FOR THE PORK LOIN:.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine first four ingredients (olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper).
- Coat the pork loin with this mixture and place in a baking pan. Roast until just done, about 35 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices. Stack and cut the slices into thin slivers. Set aside.
- FOR THE SALAD:.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the bow ties until just done, about 15 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Halve the radicchio and cut out the core. Cut the leaves into bite sized pieces.
- In a small food processor, puree the 4 tsp mustard, salt, pepper, vinegar, shallot and capers. With the machine running, gradually pour in the remaining 2/3 cup oil.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl, then serve.
Hi. We made this for our Easter dinner. We did not use the radicchio or bow tie pasta. We did use the preparations for the pork loin marinade and also made the dressing portion. We did not sliver it, only sliced and served it with the dressing to pour on top. We had many other side dishes to go along with it. Thanks.