Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Oozing with yummy pizza ingredients, this overstuffed snake sports a sinister smile and a long forked tongue. Great fun and sure to be a hit at any kids party.
- 16 ounces frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese, diagonally cut in half
- 4 ounces sliced cheddar cheese, diagonally cut in half
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pepper, strips (red, green, and or or yellow)
- 1 strip roasted red pepper
- 2 pimento stuffed olives
- Place thawed bread dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into a 22-inch long rope.
- Place on a large greased baking sheet forming a "snaky S" shape.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until double in size.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped.
- Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Hollow out the center portion of the loaf about 1-inch deep and 1-1/2-inches wide, leaving about 2-inches on each end of the loaf.
- Layer cheeses down the center of loaf, pressing cheese slices down into the hollowed portion of the loaf.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pepperoni and pizza sauce.
- Spoon atop the cheese.
- Top with the strips of sweet pepper.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake in 350F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Make a slit in the front of the loaf and insert a roasted red pepper strip for a tongue; insert two pimento stuffed olives with toothpicks for eyes.
- Makes 8 servings.
We get pizza dough ready to go from our local pizza shop so that is what I used for dough. Other then that I followed the recipe to a T. What a great fun dinner it was - thanks
Very easy recipe and tastes really good too!! Its always a big hit at our halloween parties!