1/1 Photo of Slippy Burgers
I got these crazy, wonderful burgers from My Great Recipes card club collection many years ago. Don't even know if the club is still in existence or not. They were named "Smoky Surprise Burgers" originally. Because they're slippy and slide all over when you cook them my son dubbed them "Slippy Burgers" and that's what we've called them since. Thought it'd be nice to share the recipe now as July 4th. is coming and they're great for an outdoor get together. Add your favorite Tater Salad, Chips, pickles, etc. Anything goes well with these burgers and they're good served any time of the year. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix beef, salt and pepper.
- 2Divide mixture into quarters, then divide each quarter in 1/2.
- 3Pat each portion out on wax paper to about 4 1/2" in diameter Combine barbecue sauce, mayonnaise and mustard.
- 4Spread 4 of the patties with this mixture, dividing evenly among patties.
- 5Top each of the sauced patties with a slice of Cheddar and a slice of Swiss.
- 6Cover filled patties with remaining patties-pinch edges to seal.
- 7Press out any air bubbles.
- 8Make sure cheese is sealed inside.
- 9Refrigerate, to grill later or can grill immediately.
- 10Can be grilled indoors or outdoors, or broiled in conventional stove.
- 11If broiled, place patties about 6" from heat source and broil approximately 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- 12If grilled, cook to desired doneness, approximately 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- 13Place on hamburger buns and serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slippy Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.7
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 185.1 mg
- Sodium 1523.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 58.4 g