Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
They USED to call me "Slim" -- that was before I got interested in cooking, lol! Anyway, do you want your Italian submarine sandwiches and home made pizzas to taste much better than they already do? This is an oil-based sauce/dressing that really complements those two dishes in a very positive way. You can also use this as a nice Italian salad dressing if you add the sugar -- but for the subs/pizzas, skip the sugar. Just squirt some on the pre-baked products. It's also good on cold Italian subs. Enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or, rice vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons garlic sauce, cajun-type (or other garlic-based hot sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices (see directions)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- Thoroughly blend/whisk all ingredients, (except sugar unless you're making salad dressing), together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Drizzle some on sandwiches or on pizza before you bake it, as a final "topping".
- Store in refrigerator.
- NOTE: I use Dee 514's Italian Spice Blend which is, in itself, a tremendous recipe. Here's what you blend to make up a batch -- use it for all things Italian!: 2 tablespoons basil; 2 tablespoons marjoram; 1 tablespoon garlic powder; 1 tablespoon oregano; 1 tablespoon thyme; 1 tablespoon crushed, dried rosemary; 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes. Recipe #38293.