Recipe by Frugal Fifer
Another Free recipe for an Original Day on the slimming world Eating Plan. This is a family friendly dish which would be delicious served with some steamed vegetables from the free food list. I am going to try making this with quorn fillets added towards the end of cooking to make this free on a green day so I can have it with rice or cous cous. As with all slimming world recipes the stock is made using chicken or beef bovril.
Top Review by SolightlyUK
This is very tasty. I just started SW a few weeks ago and I've tried several recipes but this has been the most successful thus far. My non-fat-fighting husband loved it, too, and ate up all my leftovers last night! (drat) I used some rosemary and a little bit of oregano for my herbs, and did put the fresh basil leaves in at serving. I completely forgot to put in the sweetener, though it was still YUMMY! Thanks so much, Frugal Fifer!
- 6 chicken breasts, large
- 14 ounces tomatoes, tinned
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 shallots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 7 ounces mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 23 fluid ounces chicken stock
- basil, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to gas 6, 200oC. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a medium casserole dish with the tinned tomatoes.
- Add the garlic to the chicken mixture. Halve and peel the shallots, deseed the peppers and cut into bite sized pieces and add to the casserole dish.
- Thickly slice the courgettes and mushrooms and add to the dish along with the dried herbs, sweetener and chicken stock. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Cover very tightly and place in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven, season well and stir in fresh basil leaves before serving.