Recipe by Frugal Fifer
A delicious guilt free pasta meal for those on the slimming world eating plan. This recipe states it will serve 4, but I only managed to fill 8 tubes instead of the 12 stated. I also would cut down the sweetener to 1 tsp as I found it overpowering. This works out at 1 syn per serving if serving 2.
Top Review by rachaelstothard
This tasted great! But i found it really fiddily. I used 7 dry sheets of lasagne pasta and cooked it just enough untill i could fold it. Then i mixed 250g quark with 150g spinach, egg yolk, lemon and dried mixed herbs as i had none of the other ingredients. Slap the mixture on the lasagne and roll into long tubes. Cut them in half, cover with tomato pasta sauce and bung in the oven for a bit. I mad ethis for 3 people but had loads left over. Even better, it worked out less than 300 cals a portion (maybe i should of just submitted a recipe of my own...)
- 225 g spinach
- 150 g pot Quark
- 150 g pot low fat cottage cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 cannelloni tubes
- 500 g passata
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/Gas6.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 30 seconds, drain and place in a bowl.
- Mix together the quark and cottage cheese.
- Crush 1 clove of garlic and stir into the mixture with the lemon zest 1/2 the basil, the parsley and the egg yolk. Add the mixture to the spinach, season to taste and combine. Spoon mixture into tubes and place in an oven-proof dish.
- Crush the remaining garlic and mix with the passata, sweetener and remaining herbs. Season to taste. Pour over the pasta, sprinkle with the parmesan and bake for 20 minutes until bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with a salad.