Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Home made version of the popular Indian restaurant dish. This is free on an Original day, serve with a salad of tomato, onion and fresh coriander leaves. Not tested as yet, but will update when I have.
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- low-fat cooking spray
- 2 large shallots, peeled and finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tikka powder
- 4 tablespoons passata
- 150 ml chicken stock, bovril
- 100 g low fat fromage frais, very low fat
- fresh coriander, chopped
- low fat fromage frais, very low fat
- Spray the chicken with fry light, season and place under a hot grill and cook for 15-16 minutes, turning once till cooked through. Remove and when cool, cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Spray a large non stick frying pan with fry light and place over a medium heat. Add the finely grated garlic and shallots, the crushed cardamom seeds, turmeric and tikka masala powder. Stir fry for 1 minute then add the passata.
- Add the chicken and stock and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Add the fromage frais, season to taste and remove from the heat. Drizzle over a little fromage frais, garnish with chopped coriander and serve with steamed veg or salad.