Recipe by FaithFluro
This is a Slimming World recipe from the website. It is 0.5 syns on Extra Easy and Red. It needs to be marinated overnight and cooked for just over 2 hours but it's a lovely dish. The spices work amazingly together and it's not too hot. I actually used fat-free yogurt as I don't think it makes a big difference! I used used a lamb stock cube instead of the Bovril. You can use a can of chopped tomatoes instead of fresh.
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 8 ounces fat-free fromage frais
- 681 g lean lamb, Cubed
- 1 large onion, Chopped
- 852 ml stock, made with bovril powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 198 g tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the turmeric and cumin into the fromage frais. Pour over the lamb and leave to marinate over night.
- Fry the onion in 284ml/0.5 pint of the stock and gradually add the remaining spices. Gently cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the lamb mixture, the rest of the stock and the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for approximately 2 hours until the lamb is soft and tender.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the mixture. Mix well.