Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was looking for a lower fat, lower-carb meatloaf recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar or 2 teaspoons water
- 4 ounces garlic-flavored croutons
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and broken
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a food processor bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme. Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture. Place this mixture into a large bowl.
- Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper and pulse in food processor. Combine the vegetable mixture, meat, and bread crumbs mixture Season the meat mixture with the kosher salt. Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.
- Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf. Bake for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155°F.
- Combine the glaze ingredients and baste the meatloaf.