Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
all kinds of yummy in this...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons madras-style curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, diced about 1 1/4 cup
- 1 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
- 4 slices of wheat bread or 2 whole wheat English muffins, toasted
- Put chicken in a pot with water and salt and bring just to a boil then reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook, covered about 15 minutes. Set chicken aside off the heat, to cool and finish cooking while sitting in the liquid.
- When cool, pull apart by hand into shredded bite-size pieces.
- Whisk yogurt, mayo, lime juice, curry, grated ginger and parsley in a bowl. Add chicken, almonds and pineapple and fold to coat evenly.
- Make open faced sandwiches with salad and watercress on bread or muffins.