I came up with this recipe one night when my bf wanted sloppy joes. We had a surplus of jalapenos from the garden, so I decided to spice them up. This was the final result and he claims it is "unparalleled." Feel free to down the spice by using mild or medium salsa or omitting the jalapeno.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion, green pepper, and jalapenos until turkey is done.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, salsa, salt, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Cook on low for about fifteen minutes.
- Drain turkey (if needed).
- Add sauce and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve with Mexican blend cheese and sour cream if desired.