Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent taste, low cal, from B H & G, worth the time and effort.
Make and share this Slim Saltimbocca recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium chicken breasts, skinned, boned and halved lengthwise
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 ounce sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Place chicken pieces between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place 1/4 of the ham and cheese on each chicken piece.
- Top with 1/4 of the tomato.
- Roll up jelly roll style, tucking in sides to seal well.
- Use toothpicks if necessary.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, parmesan, parsley and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Brush chicken rolls with melted margarine.
- Roll in crumb mixture to coat well.
- Place in 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake in 350°F oven about 25 minutes or till chicken is tender.
I use to often make this recipe and forgot about it..found it this morning; I was lining up to post it but made a search first; found it here. Great recipe. Rita
Wonderful dish! We loved it.It was not that complicated to put together at all, but looked and tasted like it took a lot of work.The only change that I made was to use "Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto", in place of the fresh tomato. I had just used my last fresh one in a salad to serve with it.Thanks for another keeper Derf!