Recipe by catercow
This is a lighter version of cookies similar to "Quake Cookies". Chocolaty and delicious and the top of the cookie sort-of 'erupts' as it cooks, hence the name.
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 cup chips over low heat (when they start to melt, remove from heat and stir and return a few times until smooth).
- Combine flour, powder, and small. Beat together sugar, margarine and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Beat in melted chocolate, then beat in egg whites.
- Gradually beat in flour mix with water and finally stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover; chill until firm.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar to coat. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.